The Hill County Courthouse was designed by Waco architect W. C. Dodson during the last half of the 1880's and the buildings construction was completed in 1890.
The courthouse was completely destroyed by fire on the evening of January 1, 1993, with only the four limestone walls and massive iron staircase remaining. It's wooden frame structure, clock tower and wooden truss supported interior collapsed into the basement.
The restoration work was completed in 1999.
Hillsboro's historic Bond's Alley is named for Bond's Drug Store, which was located at the north end of the alley, facing the courhouse. The drug store was in operation at that location from 1881-2019.